Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Lake Powell

This break from school has been insanely crazy, great, and busy. One of the many things I need to update on is our trip to Lake Powell. The first week of august was spent camping and boating 24/7 with Rob's family at Lake Powell. It was a blast. The campsite was very nice and -i'm happy to say- rattle snake free. There were giant ravens, lizards, bats, and some howling coyotes but no snakes...that we knew of. :) Every moment of our time on the water was an adventure, from the spray of the boat slapping the choppy water to our explorations along steep rocky cliffs. There were a lot of laughs and a lot of great times. The scenery was absolutely breathtaking. Here are some pictures to help tell this tale... (p.s. the pictures dont even come close to doing it justice...)

Notice the pirate flag behind me...oh yeah :)Rob was one of the few who were brave enough to conquer boarding out on those choppy waters. the girls the boys We went on this crazy hike to explore some native american ruins...very daring....very cool (the little greenish oasis in the distance is where the boat ramp and camping areas were)

2 comments:

  1. looks like so much fun !!! I love the 7 week break! We would love to see you guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey MacKenzie... I'm just sitting here... Waiting for an update on your blog... So we can know what you guys are up to. I'll just keep waiting... So hurry and update!!!

    ReplyDelete