Abby, our sweet baby girl who has slept through the night since the day she was born, has decided that sleeping is for squares and definitely not for her... or for her parents either. I mean c'mon, we can sleep when we're dead right? Who needs sleep? ... I do.
On a good night she wakes up screaming around 3 times. A bad night = she wakes up crying every 45minutes to an hour. Miserable. Did I mention this girl is LOUD? She has some lungs on her. We can hear her even with the baby monitor turned all the way down. When we finally go get her she is usually standing up with her arms reaching toward us as she tries to climb her way out of her crib...luckily shes too small to climb out still. She motions 'please' in sign language and won't go back to sleep for quite a long time. She seems to be getting a little fussier in the day due to the lack of sleep at night.
SOooo... here I ask- what would you do? what have any of you done or heard of? I'm looking for good safe solid recomendations PLEASE :)
hey sweety. I have figured out that (as much as this doesn't really make sense) once they get too tired, they have a hard time sleeping. What we have done with jack in the past is a bath, lavender (it's supposed to make them sleepy and you can get little baby lavender lotion bottles) a EXTRA big dinner so his belly is so full and then we lay him down and turn a fan or heater or something that will make white noise on. After that if he would still wake up then we would just turn the monitor off and let him cry because it wasn't helping to get him out. Eventually he would cry it out and sleep like a baby. But I know that's hard to do. I'm no expert but that is what worked for us:)
ReplyDelete