Sunday, April 25, 2010

Abigail Mae Welker

She's a week old already and I'm barely begining to get used to this crazy change. Our beautiful bundle of joy was born last saturday (april 17th) at 4:07pm. It was quite the day and I must say I am sooo thankful that everything went so smoothly. I dilated to a 4 that week, I felt totally normal and kept waiting and waiting and waiting... then saturday morning we knew it was time. I went from a 5 to complete in about a half an hour (the jacuzzi tub they filled for me to be comfortable in never got used) and after a half hour of pushing Rob and I became Mom and Dad. So weird and so wonderful. She was 7lbs even and 18 1/2 inches long, strong as can be, and has a beautiful little head of hair. I will post pictures some other time...hopefully soon....but for now I'm out of time. This week has been tough and insanely crazy BUT I know that it has been so worth it. We love our little girl- shes so precious and the little smiles and funny faces she makes while she sleeps totally melts our hearts.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I am so excited for you both and can't wait for you to post the pictures! I can only imagine what a great mother you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats I am so excited for you! your going to be a great mama!

    ReplyDelete