Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Lack of Sleep Begins

So I haven't had many issues at all while I've been pregnant. And now that the big day is coming up I find myself paying for my lack of issues just a little bit. Its really not THAT horrible but I do love to get a good nights rest especially since I'm so busy during the day and I haven't been sleeping so well. (I thought the lack of sleep set in once the baby gets here) I get comfortable and begin to drift off when my arms fall asleep. They feel like puffy dead weights attached to my body with numb hands hanging out at the end. I turn over and shake my arms back to life, get comfortable again, and SHAZAM the numb arms are back. I think I may call my doctor if I cant find a solution soon cause I'm crazy enough without sleep deprivation as an added problem.

Did any one else have poor circulation issues or sleep issues like this when you were pregnant?? Any helpful hints, solutions, or comforting words of advise??

3 comments:

  1. I don't remember having the numb arms problem when I was pregnant, but I did have tons of other issues. The best advice I have for you is just to hang in there! The rest of your pregnancy will fly by and your sweet little baby will be here soon. You should maybe talk to your doc, though, and see what she can recommend. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did. My Dr. told me to wear the braces like you wear for carpal tunnel. (sp?) It really helped a lot. I found that will all the extra fluid in my body my arms would be numb wrist down at night. Plus I began to curl my hands up at night and that did not help. During the day I would get pain in my wrists too. It all went away after the baby was born. Hang in there! Before you know it there will be a darling little baby keeping you up at night!
    -Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a body pregnancy pillow at Target, it was my LIFE saver! It supported everything and anything, even if you didn't know you needed it. I also used the braces and it helped me as well! It will all be worth it in the end, but it's a rough go. Enjoy it while it lasts, because believe it or not you will miss being prego! Cherish every moment!

    Love ya,

    Emily (Seagull)

    ReplyDelete