Friday, September 18, 2009

First of Many News Updates

So one of the bits of news in my life is finally shareable...i was waiting for response from the school and now I've got it... here is a little blurb I wrote yesterday...sorry if its a tad bit long:

I can barely begin to describe how happy I am right now! The week before school started I realized that I had been stressing out about whether or not I would be able to graduate in time for us to move to dental school. Tons of factors and even more "what if's." I have long since passed the 60 credits needed for an associates degree so it seemed awful that I would have to leave with only that. BUT I was still 40 something credits away from fulfilling the courses I needed to get me bachelors degree in spanish education. (all those credits plus student teaching would have to be done on a semester all by itself....I would be well over the 120cr for a bachelors by the time i finished...) I decided to explore my options and see if a change in major or any other changes would allow me to graduate sooner. A possibility fell into my lap as I was searching and praying about it. Three days and a ton of paper work later I had petitioned to change my major, created clusters in my areas of studay and got them approved, and applied to a different major. If it all worked out I would be able to take 16 credits fall semester and 16 credits winter semester and GRADUATE in April. All I had to do was wait and pray. It felt like the right thing to do and TODAY I FOUND OUT THAT IT WAS APPROVED!! I will now be getting a BA in University Studies (liberal arts degree- basically contains all of the generals and extra upper division classes that i've already taken) with a minor in Spanish (yay!) and clusters in Exercise/Sports Science and Education. Still works in my subject areas and allows me to graduate on time! No more stressing over it! A weight has been lifted and there is light at the end of the tunnel! So awesome!

1 comment:

  1. Great job, MacKenzie! That sounds just like what happened to me. I was all ready to apply for the University Studies Major, too, and had planned on a minor in Spanish! A baby in the middle of it all made it too hard, though, so I ended up with the Associates, even though I was well beyond those 60 credits, too. I am really glad it will work out for you! That is exciting that everything is falling into place. Keep up the good work and hang in there these last couple of semesters! :) By the way, I'm still waiting for all your pictures to be posted, and for more NEWS updates! ;)

    ReplyDelete