Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy Fourth of July!

The fourth of july weekend was awesome! It was a well used and completely wonderful break from this crazy summer semester. Rob and I spent the entire weekend in Idaho Falls with friends and family. Here is a semiquick recap:

Thursday Rob worked during the day and I cleaned the house, ran errands, went to a meeting, and had some lazy time. When Rob got off work we went for a walk and got snow cones- you HAVE to LOVE summer! Then we helped Joe and Tiana watch the kiddies and move into a new apartment untill one in the morning. It turned out to be a great work out- they lived on the 3rd floor and load by load we moved them to a different building and a 2nd floor apt. Haha..needless to say, it made us quite tired.

Friday was a similar day as thursday but in the evening we camped in my parents' back yard with a bunch of friends and my siblings. We had a bonfire, made smores, roasted apples, played games, and set off fireworks. It was a blast! My Uncle also suprised us by showing up to spend the weekend with us also. He is great. It was nice to see him before his batallion gets sent to Afghanistan on Wednesday.

Saturday morning we woke up to mom making us a delicious pancake breakfast, got cute for the day, relaxed a little, then headed to join in the festivities down at the greenbelt. Can I just say- funnel cake and other unhealthy carnival type food is so good! Later Rob and I had dinner at Grandma and Grandpa Welker's house and we all met back up at the river. The fireworks were awesome, the company was great, and the day ended with a second home fireworks show (my mom won $200 worth of fireworks- she has the most insane bit of luck!)


Sunday was great as well, but I think I'll stop blabbing on about it since this "semi quick update" is getting longer and longer. My point is that I love being so close to family and friends. I really enjoy spending time with all of them! I'm so thankful for those who serve our country, keep us safe, and allow us to enjoy the many freedoms we have.



p.s. my family was in the post register that went out sunday morning...check it out

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhhhhhhh you are making me jealous! I wish we had been there for all the festivities of Independence Day! It sounds like so much fun. I do miss doing things the Idaho way. But we had a great time, too, with family and fireworks shows down here. Hope all is going great with you guys and we can't wait to see you this weekend!!! :)

    ReplyDelete