Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Once Upon A Time...

One month from Thursday we will be celebrating our 1st Anniversary! Seems like just yesterday and yet we feel like we've known each other our whole lives! In honor of the upcoming big day -April 12th- I thought it'd be fun to post some pictures of the day Rob and I first met.

We had been casually writing to each other for the last ten months of his mission in Quebec, Canada. I started writing to him as part of a young single adult calling in our home ward and we kept it going long after I went back to school. During the summer of 2007 Rob finished his mission and came home to our lovely little Wanda Street. My roommate, Laura, who knew he had come home, conspired with my mom, got his phone number, and invited him to the bonfire we were having in celebration of the last week of the semester. (Thanks Laura!) Before I knew it, he was walking towards me in the backyard at the bonfire. We had never seen each other before, but we didn't even need to be introduced. As "they" say- the rest was history!




2 comments:

  1. Aww you guys are so cute! Love it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I can finally comment! Sounds like everything is going great! You two are so great.

    P.S. Sometimes being sneaky and going behind people's backs really PAYS OFF!

    ReplyDelete