I can't believe I haven't gotten on here sooner to post about our ultrasound. We've been super excited and have had a blast telling all our family and friends about our hapy news. Now it's time to document it a bit :)
Wednesday May 23rd 2012 marked a special day in the lives of our little Welker family. I was officially 20 weeks along with our 2nd baby AND we were finally able to have an ultrasound to meet our new growing little one and to find out if baby is a boy or a girl. We woke up, took Abigail to Grammy's house to play, and (with much excitement and anticipation) went to our appt. Baby Welker looked great- super healthy and right on track with everything and (according to the ultrasound tech and doctor...) definitely a boy. His daddy was so proud. I was so relieved to see a healthy baby, watch his little heart beat, and feel him kick n squirm as my tummy was squashed around. SO FUN! I love those moments.
I couldn't quite believe it but knowing little Benjamin Robert Welker (thats what we'd like to name him as of now) would be joining our family suddenly made my pregnancy feel more real. I've been cleaning house and preparing projects in every spare moment since we found out. I've got a quilt to make, a set of canvases to paint, and a bedroom to reorganize into a half boy/ half girl room. Luckily we have baby things from when Abby was new born as well as a few baby boy clothes handed down from friends and family so we won't need to start from scratch... but we've got our work cut out for us for sure :) Already boys seem so different from girls I feel like I barely know what to do. Teach him baseball, teach him to enjoy the beach, teach him to love his family, and most importantly teach him to love the gospel and his Savior. Everything else will hopefully fall into place :)
No comments:
Post a Comment