It's true...I've been a blog slacker...for quite a while now actually.
That being said...I thought I'd give a quick update for now (with a promise to update again soon).
We've all been keeping really busy and enjoying life in general.
Rob has been working and playing church ball and doing a great job with his callings and helping me remain sane (who are we kidding...here we should just be saying mostly sane..haha). We got to share a New Years kiss and he got me some BEAUTIFUL flowers on Valentines. Everyday in between those two events and everyday since we super love spending every spare moment together. We were told by many that the whole "newlywed thing" would fade quickly but we're coming up on our 4 year anniversary and we enjoy each new day together as much as those firsts.
Abby is growing up fast and keeps me SO busy. I've been asked a LOT recently "Mackenzie, what do you do all day? Do you just stay home with your kid?" AND may I reply to that- Just because I'm a "stay at home mom" does NOT mean that I (a) only stay at home and (b) do nothing and sit around bored staring at a kid all day. I love taking Abby out for walks, to the library, to the park, to visit family members, to explore, to exercise with me... She's a champ and we have a lot of fun together. She's super smart, super active and super funny...how could I be bored all day everyday. Any time music plays (especially when it is in the end credits of a movie) Abby LOVEs to dance. She immediately gets up and bounces around, spins in circles, shakes her fingers, and moves her cute self to the music. Then she motions to Rob and I while saying "c'mon" and "dan!(dance)"We sure do love our family dancing time. I hope those moments will stay clear in our minds forever. We also currently are working on potty training and doing fairly well (we're taking the casual-'you tell me when you have to go and we'll go sit together in the bathroom for a half hour together till we can be sure you are done' approach since her doc said not to force it till she's a little older. May I also just say- I LOVE not changing poopy diapers. She'll be 2 in april! Can you believe it where has the time gone??? and at the same time newborn Abby seems like a lifetime ago. We look forward to our upcoming adventures together.
I love being a mama and I love being a wife AND I have a pretty good team for those. My jobs as mama and wife at Welker Fam Inc keep me busy and keep me happy. It's also nice being close to our families as well...we're always visiting or helping eachother with one thing or another. Church callings have been a blessing too. I've also been a part of an exercise group 3 days a week so thats fun. Never a dull moment for us really. Sometimes a dull moment would be nice and we make sure to take some down time once in a while but mostly we're all just going going going. I think if I can manage to create some more down time in our lives I might do some new crafty projects. (Last year I painted some pictures for abby's room and sewed my first quilt...things like that...i'm sure i can come up with some more stuff to do).
Untill then...
No comments:
Post a Comment