Generally I wouldn't necessarily talk about the two (blessings and silliness) in the same conversation but I hope this brings a little laughter to your day. Today I had an appointment at the WIC office. (The blessing is: we have been approved for both medicaid and wic which will be WAY helpful!!)
The appointment was rather early this morning (I need sleep!) but we got there, were approved, then they did the blood test and educational information and everything. The lady helping us was this way nice older native american/hispanic woman- she was asking us all kinds of questions to fill out this paper...mostly about my nutritional habits and activity levels n such... After a few questions I felt like I was in the groove with it all and was just popping out my answer "Yes" with out too much thought. Then in response to the question "Do you use milk?" I heard myself again say "yes!" all happy and cheery like. Both Rob and the lady looked at me with big eyes and dropped jaws while Rob quickly said "What?!? No you don't!" For a moment I was SO confused. In a quick second of panic, Rob repeated the question to me: "Do you smoke?" A lightbulb went on inside my head and I was so embarrassed.
I must have looked so dumb..or at least sleep deprived and punchy. "Do you smoke?" "Yes! (in that-of course, isn' that great?-cheery kind of voice.)
...haha I'm still laughing...
The wic lady laughed with us as we all got back on the same page and I came back down to earth. It was a funny experience and I don't think that Rob will ever let me forget it.
In my defense- say the two phrases out loud to your self... "Do you use milk?" "Do you smoke?" They aren't too far off! Especially when said with an accent. :)
Hey Mackie... Time for an update, I think! Let's see pics of your belly! Haha. Since I haven't seen you in sooooooooo long, or at least it feels like it! But we are coming up yonder soon! Can't wait! You better come hang out with us. :)
ReplyDelete